Friday, January 15, 2021

Chota Chetan 4 D movie

 Chota Chetan - the 4D movie.


I'm giving a heavy duty performance.  On the stage of life. The venue is packed with spectators. The audience, are arranged in concentric circles, like in an Amphi theater. The ones closest to the stage, the innermost circle of my friends, relatives, and close associates. The next row seating the ones slightly more formal, but colleagues nonetheless. The peripheral seats are occupied by acquaintances, and those who knew me indirectly through my writings, or then through the social media. 

      I am doing my best. I'm sparing no effort, and really trying hard to live up to the expectations of the audience. My academics, my hobbies, my interests, my talents, my professional achievements, my spiritual rantings, my articles my adventures, my affections, all being displayed with every possible effort. 

Deep inside, I'm sure, that the audience should be really appreciative of my histrionics, my skills, my talents, and the effort that I'm putting. Whilst performing, my ears are intermittently straining to pick up any notes of acknowledgment, appreciation, or approval. Just some positive response, to egg me on. But there seems to be none. I continue undaunted by the lack of any affirmation. I conclude, that I have to step up my performance. Take it to another level. I suddenly hear a voice within. " You are doing well. Don't think too much about the audience. They aren't really concerned about your performance."

     I just ignore that voice. I tell him to shut up. The audience matters so much. I mean, whats the point of performing if I disregard the audience? The audience gives meaning to not just my performance, but also to my existence. The bloody voice had irritated me. How could it make such audaciously imbecile remarks. 

I continue with my efforts, with renewed enthusiasm and energy. I have to please and wow the audience. It's the very essence of my existence. Acknowledgment, appreciation, adulation, approval. I have to do whatever, I can to get that applause. But there's still only silence. 

Now, it's getting really annoying. 

What the hell. Can't anyone at least utter a word of appreciation? 

I raise the bar further. I put all my energies in that final push. Maybe, the applause is reserved for that last bit, the 'piece de resistance' of my act. I strain and really give it all I have. ............

No luck. Then the voice rings again.

'You are such an idiot. You don't seem to notice that all the spectators are wearing glasses. Glasses that are 4D capable. The glasses also have the feature of recording what is seen.:

  4D ? , What's the fourth dimension? I know 3 Dimensions. I ask the voice, 'What's the fourth dimension you are talking about?"

    The voice tells me. 'Go and borrow a pair of those 4D glasses from one of the spectators. You will understand the fourth dimension by checking the recording. The glasses will have recorded your performance as seen by that spectator in 4 dimensions. Check it out."

   I wipe the sweat from my brow. I'm really exhausted but  this fourth dimension had really intrigued me.

I climb down from the stage and walk across to one of the inner circle spectators. I request him to please lend me his glasses. He unwillingly agrees, and shows me the rewind button by which I can see the earlier recording as seen by him.

I wear the glasses, and after rewinding a few hours, I start the play button.

I'm aghast by what I see. There are only those very few acts of mine, that were in the interests of that person. All other nuances, subtleties of my performance were not recorded, and obviously not seen by this person. No wonder. Forget the appreciation. There was no cognisance of any act of mine, that was of no benefit to the person, whose glasses I was wearing.

I was crestfallen. This was so frustrating. My efforts were futile. Every single spectator was wearing these glasses, which selectively were revealing only those actions of mine, that were in that persons interests. 

I ask the voice in utter dejection.

What's this ? 

There was a very condescending laughter followed by his explanation.

    "Every one of the spectators whom you believed you were pleasing and performing for, is wearing the 4D glasses. The fourth dimension is the dimension that reflects the concerned persons interest. The glasses filter all actions that are not in his or her interests. That's why I was telling you, don't think too much about getting any responses from the audience. I was appreciating your performance, but you disregarded it. The audience mattered much more for you. I'm the only one who is watching you without the glasses. 

I'm the Self. That unchanging observer."

           I throw the 4D glasses and decide to perform in the 5th dimension. The dimension, that reveals the only spectator who matters. 'My Self'.


Dr. Deepak Ranade.

No comments: