Friday, July 17, 2020

The Emotional Climate

The Emotional Climate.

     As I go about my routine, my work, my duties, there remains at the back of my mind, the impact of events, situations, incidents. The infinite skies of my consciousness could at times be sunny, or then, covered with fluffy white clouds, or then again packed with dark storm clouds. These transient condensations and the pressure patterns generated by the uneven heating of earth and water creating high and low pressure belts, all contribute to the "weather". Climate refers to the  cumulative effect of all these variations in the weather patterns.
I am pure awareness, the unaffected  witness, the observer, the clear open infinite skies. Pure consciousness that is infinite and all encompassing, completely beyond the  loco-regional effects of the clouds and the pressure differentials. The mind converges this infinite awareness to a very narrow,local zone, and subjects me to the vagaries and variations of weather and climate, that are fleeting and transient. The clouds, the sun, the storms, the rains, and all climatic conditions, are just a speck of transience, a mere fabric of perception. They all contrive and cast a spell called emotion. Emotions have a very powerful impact, but are founded on such transient mirages. I have to rise above, and transcend these highly fleeting, local weather patterns causing emotional turbulence and realise, I am the infinite open skies on which these kaleidoscopic   formations arbitrarily appear and disappear.  I can  choose, not to let my ego and its emotions condense into clouds, that restrict, obscure and blur my view of  the open skies, because I am the vast open limitless sky. I am, what my mind can never conceive. I am not the content, but the awareness of the container and the content. The mind can only create the illusion of a discrete, non existent, personal  locus of bondage. My perception must rise above the clouds, and become aware of the infinite realm of the universe. Then these clouds become feeble, fleeting and inconspicuous, that can  never affect or limit the infinite eternity of causeless bliss.

Dr. Deepak Ranade.

No comments: